10 Reasons to Vote Irene on November 6th
1. She has the broadest experience of any candidate running. Irene has been a social entrepreneur, nonprofit leader, community and youth leader, college-level educator, and leader in a Fortune 500 company. She has a Masters in Youth Development Leadership.
2. Her campaign is dedicated to increasing access to the County layer of government through education and engagement. See #CommishDish to learn and ask questions.
3. At the age of 17, she co-founded a youth leadership nonprofit. During her 11 years there, 22,000 students went through their programs. She also created jobs and recruited national talent into Minnesota.
4. Over 20 elected officials have endorsed Irene’s candidacy. After meeting with her, they all see that she is best equipped to serve our district.
5. Nearly every labor union and power-building organization that has endorsed in this race supports Irene—MRLF, AFSCME, Building and Construction Trades, Carpenters, Women Winning, Stonewall DFL, OutFront Minnesota.
6. She is inspiring a renewed sense of hope in our politics with her campaign theme: Believe In What’s Possible!
7. In 2013, she was selected by the Twin Cities Business Journal as 40 under 40 and was also awarded the (Real) Power 50 by Minnesota Business Magazine.
8. She earned the endorsement of DFLers twice, winning the Convention in May and the Primary in August.
9. In 2015, she was selected to be a Bush Foundation Fellow and began teaching social entrepreneurship at St. Mary’s University.
10. She will be the 1st person of color on the Hennepin County Commission, if elected.